SME Lancer Dancers
to our 2022-2023
Lancer Dancer Teams!
If you are concerned with your tryout results please follow the “steps to share concern” listed in the Lancer Dancer Constitution.
Please do not text Coach Close.
CAMP/UNIFORM FEES ARE DUE WEDNESDAY, MAY 11th
Returning JV and Varsity members: ($350) please bring your camp fees to class or Venmo no later than Wednesday, May 11th.
New Lancer Dancers: ($410 - includes cost of team backpack) Please drop off your camp fees to the SME office or Venmo by Wednesday, May 11th.
Please make checks payable to SME Lancer Dancers Booster Club
Or Venmo @SMELancerDancers - please include your dancer’s name in the memo
2. New Varsity team members: You have been invited to help with SME graduation on Tues., May 17th (approx. 6:15-8:00pm) at SMN. More information to follow.
3. CAMP DATES HAVE CHANGED - PLEASE NOTE - due to school letting out earlier than originally planned, we have moved our camp dates up. Camp will now be held on May 24th and 25th. More information to follow.
4. All NEW (non-returning) Lancer Dancers: We will size you for uniforms on Wednesday, May 18th after school. Please plan to come to the SME dance room (below the main gym) any time between 2:45 and 5:00pm. Please plan to wear clothes you can try things on in (sports bra and booty shorts recommended). This process shouldn’t take more than 20 minutes or so. Returning members will be sized in class.
5. New team members will receive an email on Monday, May 9th with more detailed information. If you have not received an email by that evening, please email email@example.com to let me know. I will be using the email address you listed in your tryout application and occasionally there are typos on those.
6. Varsity Leadership positions will be chosen next week.
Welcome to the Lancer Dancers! It's going to be a great year!
Welcome to the website of the AWARD WINNING JV and Varsity Lancer Dancers! We hope this will be a convenient way to receive information regarding performances, fundraisers, clinics, and much more! Please contact Head Coach Alexis Bugler Close for more information.
Alexis "Bubba" Close has over 25 years experience in dance, gymnastics, and musical theatre. She has been working as a dance instructor and choreographer in the techniques of jazz, tap, ballet, hip-hop, lyrical, musical theatre, contemporary and acrobatics for over 20 years. This is Alexis's 10th year as Head Coach of the Drill Team at Shawnee Mission East. Alexis has won multiple choreography awards from Nexstar, American Dance and Drill and National Dance Alliance. In 2013 she coached the Varsity Lancer Dancers to a National Championship in the Large Varsity Jazz category at NDA Nationals in Orlando, Florida. Alexis has a Bachelor's of Science Degree in Management from Baker University. In her free time, Alexis enjoys photography and spending time with her husband Andrew and their two children, Dalton and Delaney.