game day front view
game day back view
Pointers for Game Day:
1. You will be provided with a set of poms to use during your game day performance.
2. Make sure you spirit/rally for 16 counts at the start of the music and prep on the last 7,8. In the video she only spirits for 8, but we will have a 16 count intro with our music.
3. As soon as the music/routine ends, spirit for 8 more counts. It will be quiet, so make sure you are loud! You will then set your poms down/out of the way and walk back to hit your beginning pose for the jazz routine.
4. If you need some ideas on how to "spirit" there is a link to a video on the audition requirements list below that should help.
5. We will be using this music for the Game Day routine:
jazz front view
jazz back view
Following the jazz routine, you will be asked to perform several technical skills. Please review each skill below and view the videos for more information. Check out the jazz music below.
Please complete the FIVE important steps below
if you have not already:
1. Fill out a tryout application due Thursday, April 1st
2. Fill out your tryout contract due Friday, April 9th
3. Fill out your written interview due Friday, April 9th
4. Read through our Lancer Dancer Team Constitution with a parent or guardian. You do not need to fill out the form on the back unless you make the team.
5. View our pre-tryout slideshow on the homepage if you haven't
Here is a bit of the info you'll need to know, but please read through everything for all of the detailed information you need!
Tryout Videos and Technical Skill Requirements Released:
Monday, April 12th at
Guided Clinic: Monday, April 19th 4:30-6:30pm
Open Gym Clinic: Wednesday, April 21st 4:30-6:30pm
Tryouts: Thursday, April 22nd after school
SME Main Gym
What to bring:
Water bottle and jazz shoes
What will I perform at the tryout:
The sideline and jazz routines you will learn from the videos
Technical skills (list will be provided when video is posted)
When will results be posted?
Tryout results will be posted no sooner than 9:00pm the evening of tryouts.
After reading through all of the info, please feel free to email with any questions you may have!